Magic Kingdom and Ted’s phone

Jack came in to snuggle for a bit this morning.

When we got to the park we were able to park so close since we were early that we just walked in. The Lost and Found was on our way in so Jack and I branched off to go there, while Ted and Max went through the gate and then they split up so Ted could get a haircut and Max could go get a DAS for Space Mountain.

When we got to the lost and found building I was surprised that the door was locked; a guy looked at me through the window, but didn’t let us in. When I asked if this was Lost and Found he opened the door and explained that in the last few months this building has changed to their security office. Lost and Found is now located at Disney springs. Apparently I need to fill out an online form for my earring. Poop.

We all met up at Haunted Mansion and rode our first ride of the day. When we got off Ted told me that he’d lost his phone! He and Jack had been riding together and he went to pull his phone out of his pocket at the beginning of the ride to make sure it wouldn’t fall out, but he hit his hand on the bar of the ride in the dark and his phone fell out of the car! The cast member at the exit said that they weren’t able to stop the ride to look for his phone, so we would have to wait until 11 p.m. tonight! I can’t imagine how Ted’s feeling! I would be so lost without my phone! I know he feels exactly the same. I don’t see how he can enjoy anything the rest of the day for thinking about his phone all day long.

We rode our next fast pass, the Buzz Lightyear ride, and then Ted wanted to go back and ask at Haunted Mansion about his phone. Max went with him so that we would have a way to contact each other in the park.

There’s the hidden Mickey I found! Just to the right of center, and to the left of that claw.

Jack and I debated going to get a snack or watching the Laugh Floor. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said the Laugh Floor, so that’s what we did. I checked the wait time and it was 30 minutes. That’s longer than I usually like to wait, but I was fine with it this once. I looked around for the standby entrance and there was a cast member with a sign pointing to it. I got into the line but after a couple of seconds I realized it was actually the fast pass line. I walked over to ask the cast member where the standby entrance line started and could hear that a couple of other people were also asking him. After a few seconds he rared back and yelled loud enough for everybody to hear, “Hey people do you see my arrow? It’s pointing this way! The entrance to the standby line is this way, the same way that my arrow is pointing!” He was so angry! I could see little bits of spit at the edges of his mouth and shooting forward! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! Other cast members nearby also saw and heard him, and other Disney visitors just stared at him and then quickly walked away. I blatantly took a picture of him; I figured if he was proud enough to yell that loud in front of such a big crowd he should be proud enough to have his picture taken. At first he shielded his face from me, but then he did a super sarcastic wave and I got a photo with this face and name tag. I finally found the back of the standby line and there was a cast member there so I told her what had happened and asked her what to do about it. She suggested the new kiosks that are stationed around the park, but said she didn’t know what they would have the ability to do because they’re pretty new. Jack and I went to the one right near where we were and waited in line for about 5-10 minutes, but the line was really not moving. I hated for Jack’s last day at Magic Kingdom to be a bunch of standing around in line, so I decided to go ahead and meet Ted and Max at the ice cream place and just give up on this. Surely somebody else would have mentioned his crazy behavior. As we walked to the Dole Whip shop I saw another kiosk and no Disney visitors were there so I went up to the cast member and explained my problem. She seemed properly horrified, and the other cast members nearby also wanted to help report this dude’s actions. She asked what we were planning on doing then and I said after all that drama we were going to get some ice cream, so she said she’d like to give us some! I told her that I was going to get the pineapple upside down cake and she gave me a coupon for four ice creams that size or smaller. So for the first time here all four of us have gotten our own item, no sharing!

After we finished our ice cream we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean. Ted splashed Max a few times on the ride and claimed that it was the ride; I can’t believe Max fell for it! Next up was Space Mountain, but we went to Haunted Mansion first to ask again about Ted’s phone. Then we rode Space Mountain and headed home.

The neighbors haven’t moved the camper. Poo. I don’t know if they tried and failed or if they haven’t even tried, but I don’t think I should do any more about it. We didn’t really have time before church to eat a full supper but Ted wanted a snack, so we all had cheese and meat and then left for church. The first time Jack asked to go to his class before we even left the bus I asked Ted and Max how many times they thought he would ask before it was actually time. Ted said seven, I said six, and Max said 14. In the end he asked exactly 7 times!

When we got home I fixed our enchiladas, then the boys showered and got into bed, and it was time for us to leave for Disney. It was funny being the only people in our monorail car!

When we first got through the gate Ted said I should ask at the Emporium about Jo’s scarf. I went to the first cast member that had an iPad and showed them the scarf and asked for help. The man found the SKU number for me so I wrote that down, and he said that there weren’t any that he could see in the Magic Kingdom but that Epcot had some and Downtown Disney had some as well. He also suggested I download the Disney shop app and look for it there, but I did that after I walked away from him and it shows no sign of that SKU number. I’ll ask at Epcot tomorrow and see what we see.

Ted got to the Haunted Mansion about 10:30 and asked at the entrance again about his phone, and they told him the same thing they’ve been saying all day; wait until they shut down at 11 p.m. and then they’ll look for his phone. They told him that he should probably go ride another ride and then go to Guest Relations to wait for them to bring everything they find after the ride shuts down. Ted suggested we go ride the Mine Train since I’ve been wanting to ride it and we haven’t done that yet. I said that was fine with me, but we could ride Haunted Mansion and see if we saw his phone. We got in the ride car at the conveyor belt and as soon as we passed through the doorway into the actual ride, only about one or two feet after that, I saw Ted’s phone laying on the floor! He was calling it but I couldn’t see the face light up because it was face-down, but since it’s a white phone case I could see it against the dark carpet! I leaned over as far as I could and reached but I couldn’t touch the phone. What agony! I reached over a few times after that and couldn’t touch the floor, so I don’t think even if we rode the ride again I would be able to reach the phone by myself. We went outside and talked to the cast member at the gate again and told her exactly where the phone was, and she said we’d still need to wait, but this time we only had about five minutes until the shutdown. Now that we had seen the phone and knew exactly where it was she told us we could wait right there at the gate and probably someone would bring us the phone. And that’s what happened! We were praying so hard that the face wasn’t cracked and that it was his phone and everything was fine, and our prayers were answered in the affirmative! They brought the phone out at about 11:10, and it was in perfect condition! Thank the Lord!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *