Last time at Animal Kingdom

The boys put up their dishes, and made and ate their breakfast. Ted and I showered, we all got ready and left early for Animal Kingdom. Max went to Avatar to get a DAS, while the rest of us made our way to Everest. I can’t believe this is our last time riding this ride!

We finally saw our names on the boards at Everest and were close enough to photograph them! We’ve seen Max’s name here before, but have never seen Jack’s.

We let the boys play at the playground for a little while while we decided what to do next. Today was so hot! Ted and I got chocolate shakes with a piece of candied bacon in it, and bought the boys a chocolate shake to share. When we downed those it was time for our fast pass to Primeval Whirl.

We planned on eating lunch here, but Ted wasn’t sure what he wanted to eat. I’ve been wanting to eat the pulled pork french fries for a while, and he was able to find something that looked good from the same restaurant. So we went to The Flame Tree BBQ and I got the fries, Jack got pulled pork on mac and cheese, and Ted and Max each got a pulled pork sandwich. I thought the pork had a great taste, and the fries were really good too. Ted wasn’t very impressed with what he got. He thinks the whole sandwich was good, but the coleslaw was too industrial and brought the whole thing down.

We skipped our fast pass to get photos with Disney Pals while we ate; I’d had trouble finding fast passes for this week because the parks are pretty full. But I knew that anytime Jack got a photo with a Disney character he would be excited, so I made this as a throwaway pass; and in the end we threw it away. Now it was about time for us to go to Avatar. As we walked that way we were in perfect time to watch the birds fly overhead! I finally got a great video of that, but I don’t know how to upload that here. Oh well.

When we left the park Ted was hankering for some Abracadabra so that’s where we went! That’s such an awesome place. I think I’m going to miss it more than Disney!

This was on our walk out to our parking spot. Yes, we’re a bunch of 5-year-olds.

At home I got my courage up and went next door to ask the neighbors if they would consider moving their trailer. The lady obviously spoke English as a second language, and when I told her that the glare from their trailer into our camper was very strong she said what did I want her to do about it? I asked if they wouldn’t consider moving their trailer to behind their camper and she immediately said oh no it won’t fit. She told me that they were here for three more weeks so I guess we’ll have to put up with this for that long! I came into the bus and slammed the door like a petulant five-year-old. I’m not proud of that, but I was so frustrated about losing half of our view out of the bus for that long. I went and laid on the bed and snoozed and calmed down for a little while. After an hour or so the neighbor came over and talked to Ted; she says they’re going to try to move their camper tomorrow! I hope they can figure something out!

For supper I made sliders and we watched Ant-Man, then the boys took their showers, and the top right shower door roller and contraption fell out! I hope this bus stays together long enough for us to sell it!

Ted basically went right to sleep when we got in the bed, and I wasn’t far behind him. We slept for several hours, and then both woke up in the middle of the night. We watched an episode of Stranger Things and then went back to sleep :-)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *