Well, last week we thought there was no way we could get a moving company to come to our house with only one week’s notice. Now we realize just how wrong we were!!! Tj went down to Ft. McPherson (sp?) Monday because he realized that his orders (though they didn’t include Max and me) still authorized him to pack up the whole house. So now we’re moving!
This week we’re working on getting the house ready to be packed up and the car ready to ship. We should have our suitcases packed by Sunday night.
Sunday night (14th) we’ll drive Max to my cousin Becki’s house so he’ll be out of the way Monday when the first of the packers come.
Monday while Tj’s at the house with the movers I’ll go to my last doctor’s appointment and hopefully find out the sex of our baby!
Tuesday if the movers take too long I’ll drive the truck down myself to get it shipped off. Lori R has offered to keep Max this day.
Wednesday Kim W is keeping Max while the second set of movers come. After they leave we’ll move out of our house (they usually pack up the beds early on) and into a hotel.
Thursday Max has his 2-year appointment and then goes to a neighbor’s for the day. As soon as the movers are gone we’re driving down to Robins Air Force Base in Macon.
Friday Tj out-processes from the base and has his final eye appointment.
Sunday (21st) I’ll drive Tj to the airport and Max and I will head to Louisiana to stay with my sister. Tj will fly to Albuquerque for two weeks of training.
Two weeks later, Friday, Feb 2nd, Tj flies from Albuquerque to New Orleans.
Monday (Feb 5th) Tj, Max and I are leaving the country (providing our gov’t passports come through in time).
We depart New Orleans at 7:10 AM and
arrive Atlanta at 9:42 AM
We depart Atlanta at 10:30 AM and
arrive Baltimore Washington Int’l Airport at 12:21 PM
We depart Baltimore Washington Int’l Airport 9:50pm and
arrive Incirlik AB, Turkey 5:25pm
Up until yesterday morning I hadn’t been cleared to go right away with Tj. They weren’t sure they’d have a house for us. I was worried because if they kept me until April (when I’m 30 weeks pregnant) then they wouldn’t let me go over until the baby’s born (mid-June). Fortunately they’ve now cleared me to go.
Of course there’s still a snag. We all have to have official passports. We turned them in in November and they still haven’t come through. Tj was on the phone all day yesterday and then this morning when he called again the woman asked him ‘after you dropped off the passport applications where did they go? where did I send them???!!’ He’s trying to find out if we can just re-submit them and have it expedited. I’m praying that if this holds us up it’ll hold all three of us up…not just Tj. I really don’t want to fly all that way being pregnant and with Max. He’s not a bad kid but it’ll be a really long day and we’ll have enough luggage to last us a month or so.
As of now it seems like they’ll probably (hopefully) send me back mid-May to wait have the baby here. They do this because there aren’t ob facilities on the base in Turkey. I’ll fly back with Max to stay with my sister again and Tj will hopefully have three weeks off at the baby’s birth. Tj will go back with Max; the new baby and I will fly back when all the paperwork to take the baby out of the country is completed.